Friday, April 13, 2007

12 of 12 April 07

The 12 of 12 is a fun project started by a guy named Chad(click link) that I try to do every month. Three months back I promised that it was the last time I would be using my inferior T610 phone cam....that didn't happen yet, tune in next month. Here's my cobbled together, non-time stamped, weak 12 on the 13th:

3 Auditions today pictured here as emails from my awesome commercial agent.

The doorway to 2601 Ocean Park, another casting office right next to 2701 Ocean Park (crazy, huh?) where I auditioned at Joe Blake for Wendy's Today. I was there 55 minutes- about the longest you can be without getting paid. It's cool though, Joe runs a great office & calls me in a lot. Life is good.

Flowers just west of 2601 entrance.

Free pastry! Nice, however I did not partake. Snapped on the way back to my car after auditioning at Leslie Rhodes for PG&E. It went quick & easy in the room (as did the Wendy's) however I did do some more waiting around. This time it was because I showed up early AND had to go feed the meter. I love this office though, It is very open with beautiful hardwoods, nice lighting fixtures a breeze & other stuff that makes you happy. Plus I had a nice little chat with another CD in the office.

To continue the doorway motif, this is at the end of my hall, next to the stairway, looking out the front hall/window.

My friends awesome little daughter. They are moving to Nashville soon. I will miss them. One positive is that I can see them when I visit my Pops in Tenn this summer!

Here is a lovely relish tray I helped prepare for an employee leaving at the part-time day job. Food does not look so tasty with the T-610 cam.

The entryway to 2701 Ocean Park casting. My program, Preview, will not let me spin this thing & save it. There is still a ghost in the machine of some sort. Ugh. May have to do that re-install sooner rather than later.

Hey this is one of those '1 out of 20' from my phone cam that look great. It's the stairway in Tim's building. We were scouting locations to shoot my short Saft , that I had to put on hold last year, and if I don't put this stairwell in the film it will be in another.

A spiny tree nut just down from the flowers just down from 2601 just down from 2701 where I was. Have you figured out that I did not take any pics at my first audition which was Jimmy Dean for Spot casting. This one felt really good. And I knew a ton of folks milling around at 200 S Labrea and even saw a couple of them at the next location & 1 guy at all three. I love this job.

Crappy framing of Universals office globey-sign taken while making a left on ...Colorado I believe.

Heres some Emergen-C in an H2O solution in my lovely Subaru. The Bonus pick this month was supposed to be from the random word generator. My word was 'spoil' and this reminded me of the slight stank bottled water can get sitting in your car for a couple of days(although this mornings concoction was fresh & lovely).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! I love that one of the stairwell!

Anonymous said...

How could you say no to free pastry? I think I would have given in...

Lipp said...

Beth - Thanks. Yeah, that place will be in a short film sometime soon.

Outofctrl - I know! Perhaps I was a bit misleading, if you look closely you need to buy a coffee to score. Now, I'm not adverse to paying for a cup of coffee in order to reap the delicious benefits of no-cost baked goods, however I was still in a hurry after my long wait(s), and I was about at my coffee limit for the day. I am going back soon though...we shall see.